Ruby on Rails
I just installed Ruby/Rails on my ubuntu, and followed this tutorial, with my own tables and fields.
This looks promising, what I like:
- A clear way to do things.
- A unique database naming method (table and field names).
- Simple coding “scaffolding” that could be replaced by real code.
- Real MVC.
What I don’t like so far:
- I’m not sure, but a rigid framework like this could mean that even though most things can be done easily, some complex stuff could need a lot of work.
- Ruby, I didn’t go through a ruby tutorial, but seems simple enough.
Here’s a nice vid: